Practical to use and easy to ride, the electric scooters have taken the lightweight automobile by storm. They attract riders who want to experience convenience, speed, freedom as well as certain independence in their daily commutes. And, the fact that they are electric is the icing on the cake. They offer most travel benefits of a city motorcycle at a fraction of the cost and without causing any possible harm to the environment. They are compact and easy to carry around and charge.
Although the first electric scooter patent was submitted in 1895, electric scooters have gained popularity in recent times as they are the only ones that are capable of solving our commuting problems like last-mile connectivity and low maintenance. Fast forward to 2023 and you have the TurboAnt X7 Pro electric scooter. It is the latest in line of electric scooters and is packed with some excellent features to help the rider enjoy the commute. Read on this electric scooter guide to find out more about this excellent product and how, as a beginner or a seasoned rider, the TurboAnt X7 Pro is a perfect fit.
About TurboAnt X7 Pro Electric Scooter
The TurboAnt X7 Pro is one of the few electric scooters available in the market today that are stylish as well as safe. Additionally, it comes equipped with some excellent features to make your ride even more comfortable. To begin with, the tires are shock absorbent and can run smoothly even on rough terrain. Further, the powerful electric motor allows you to reach 20 mph fairly and quickly. It is light in weight and easy to fold making it ideal to be used in combination with public transportation for longer distances. Some of the other key features of TurboAnt X7 Pro are as follows.
- X7 Pro Folding Electric Scooter
- Powerful 350 W electric motor.
- The rapid acceleration of up to 20 mph.
- Cruise control for an easy ride.
- It can climb up to 15%.
- 8.5'' shock-absorbing tires that make it smooth to ride even on rough surfaces.
- 36 V, 6.4 Ah battery enables you to travel for nearly 30 miles.
- The detachable battery is another excellent feature as you can charge it easily inside your home.
- One of the lightest electric scooters weighing under 30 lbs.
- The sleek and compact design makes it easy to fold and carry around.
- LED front headlight contributes towards your safety.
- The LED display panel is designed for easy travel as it displays your specific settings, speed, and current battery level.
- The scooter comes with a bell that is placed on the left handlebar which is effective for this mode of transportation.
20 mph (32 km/h) Max Speed
20 mph or 32 km/h is the top speed allowed in most places while some have even stricter regulations. TurboAnt X7 Pro not only meets the top speed safety regulation but also offers three more speed options for riders of different levels and different preferences. When it comes to speed, TurboAnt’s thoughtful design can be seen clearly. By accessing the LCD screen, for example, riders can customize the e-scooter settings to reach 3 levels of top speed, enabling riders to travel around the UK and EU countries. This particular electric scooter even has cruise control so there’s no need to hold on to the throttle at all times, which effectively reduces riding fatigue. As an upgrade to the previous X7, although the motor and speed specs are the same, the acceleration does feel snappier on this brand-new X7 Pro, especially when riding on hills, thanks to the upgraded motor.
350W 10 Ah Battery Pack
The removable battery pack propels the TurboAnt X7 Pro electric scooter to reach up to 30 miles, and the 350 W power drivers the e-scooter up to a top speed of 20 mph in seconds. The stem maintains a sleek and compact style although the battery pack is attached to it. The water-resistant batter case is also a plus side for riders to carry an extra battery around easily for extra miles.
10-inch Pneumatic Tires
The width of its tires is wider and is effective in absorbing shock while riding in a living environment where flat asphalt roads cannot be expected all the time. A larger wheel also provides more support for the scooter so that it could bear heavier load, making the TurboAnt X7 Pro electric scooter a lot like a real ant: small, lightweight, and is able to carry weight (maximum load 275 lb or 135 kg).
Further, these TurboAnt electric scooters are durable and are built to last requiring very little maintenance in the process.
How to Ride TurboAnt X7 Pro Electric Scooter
For first-time riders, riding an electric scooter can prove to be slightly challenging. One must take certain precautions like, wearing a helmet and maintaining a balance even with an easy-to-use product like TurboAnt X7 Pro folding electric scooter. The following step-by-step process is designed to help beginners get used to riding their TurboAnt electric scooters.
- Remember to wear protective gear such as a helmet.
- Hold the power button for 2 seconds to turn on the scooter.
- Place one foot in the middle of the pedal.
- Build up sufficient momentum with your other foot.
- Place the toes of the second foot onto the rear part of the deck and place its heel gently on the rear mudguard.
- Slowly press down the throttle to accelerate.
- Press the front handlebar brake to slow down and stop. Additionally, you can also press down on the mudguard to assist the braking process of the brake lever.
How to Fold up X7 Pro Electric Scooter
The TurboAnt X7 Pro is one of the best electric folding scooters for adults can be easily folded making it compact enough to be carried around in public transportation, allowing you to commute longer distances without travel hassles. The scooter can be folded within seconds with the help of a lever that is connected to the stem. Its small measurements and lightweight feel make it an attractive solution to your problems of last-mile connectivity as well as storage. Although the scooter is of full adult-size proportions, you can hardly tell its size looking at the folded version. As an additional feature, it comes with a kickstand on which you can rest a stationary scooter in case you don’t want to fold it.
How to Remove Detachable Battery
The battery pack can be easily removed, and this allows you to charge the battery without plugging in the entire scooter. Take the following precautions while removing the battery.
- Don’t puncture or dent the battery pack.
- If the battery is wet or damaged, then don’t attempt to charge it.
The battery has a set of 2 grooves and is cylindrical in shape. It is fitted with a nylon tape handle at the top that makes it easy to remove it from the electric scooter’s shaft. There are a charging port and 2 electrical contacts at the bottom of the battery. Use the nylon handle to carefully remove the battery from the scooter.
How to Install the Battery
The battery pack of the TurboAnt X7 Pro Electric Scooter is located under the display. You can reach the lightweight battery (weighing roughly around 3 lbs) when you open the display. After opening the LED display, you are required to remove a twist cap before you can reach the battery handle to pull it out. This lithium-ion battery is extremely easy to install. There are notches cut on the sides of the battery pack to make sure that it is inserted and installed in the required position to enable the scooter to function properly. The entire process is extremely convenient, and you are not required to have any specific qualifications or training to perform it. This gives it another advantage over other types of personal vehicles.
How to Charge the Installed Battery
It is recommended to charge your scooter’s battery completely after you buy it. All you have to do is plug the charger into a charging socket in the wall and wait for the LED light to turn green. You can then plug the other end into the vertical tube socket and the light will turn red indicating that it is charging. Once this red light turns green it means that the scooter is completely charged.
The battery takes approximately 6 hours to charge completely and a fully charged battery can be stored for up to 3 months. In fact, most cars come with a household power socket that is inbuilt in their trunk. You can use this to charge your electric scooter while you are on the move so that it is ready when you need it. You can use it as a backup in case of a flat tire emergency or if you are running low on fuel.
How to Charge the Removed Battery
You can either charge your electric scooter in the garage or remove the battery from underneath the display panel to charge it indoors. All you have to do is follow the battery removal steps mentioned above and be careful in taking the dead battery out. Since the battery is detachable you can also carry a fully charged extra or a replacement battery on you without feeling the additional weight as the battery is extremely lightweight.
Tips for Riding the Scooter
The TurboAnt X7 Pro Electric Scooter is an extremely practical mode of transportation. You can easily replace your car with it for running local errands and commuting around the congested city areas where parking is a challenge. However, it is important to keep certain things in mind while riding any electric scooter for the first time. The following tips are designed to help you have a better and safer experience while commuting on an electric scooter.
- Before starting the scooter, make sure that you are wearing a helmet and if possible, you can club it with wrist, elbow, and knee pads as well.
- Make sure that you wear appropriate clothing while riding the scooter. Even if you wear knee and elbow pads, ensure that you wear clothes that cover your arms and legs.
- Unfold the scooter and make sure that the steering column is locked to avoid folding. Additionally, make sure that the kickstand is flipped up before you begin your ride.
- The TurboAnt X7 Pro will not start the power flow unless you reach a speed of 2 mph by rolling the scooter with your foot first. This is an excellent safety feature and one that can help avoid accidents.
- Most electric scooters come pre-fitted with front lights and rear reflectors. It is a safe option to keep the lights on while riding the scooter, even during the day. You can turn the light on and switch it off by tapping twice on the speed mode button.
- You can automatically activate cruise control by maintaining your speed for several seconds. You will then hear a beep indicating that the cruise control mode is on. You can now remove your finger from the throttle and the scooter will maintain the speed. The scooter also rides well if the terrain is rough, however, as a beginner, try and ride on smoother surfaces till you get the hang of the scooter.
- TurboAnt X7 Pro comes with an effective braking system that makes it one of the safest and most reliable electric scooters in the market today. However, before you begin riding any electric scooter it is important to familiarize yourself with the braking system. The TurboAnt X7 Pro has an electronic front brake as well as a mechanical disc brake at the rear. Additionally, you can step on the rear fender to apply a rear friction brake. This is purely a fallback mechanism and should be used as a last resort.
- Try to pace out your speed rather than always traveling on the maximum limit.
- It is always a good idea to be aware of the amount of battery that you are left with while riding your scooter. Read the manual before you begin to know the scooter’s range and travel capacity on a single charge. Additionally, you can also carry a spare battery on you if you plan on traveling beyond the range.
- Lastly, in case of an accident, remain calm and avoid grabbing the throttle. Jump off and make sure that you are safe before worrying about the scooter. Even the most seasoned electric scooter riders are bound to fall from time to time. The key is to maintain your balance and avoid panicking.
All said and done, electric scooters are the best solutions yet to commute on the busy city roads. The latest TurboAnt X7 Pro Electric Scooter comes with all the possible comforts that you can hope to find in an electric scooter along with stylish looks. Its sturdy nature and robust design makes it an excellent alternative to driving through congested city roads in a car. It is compact enough to be carried around and used as a last-mile connection to your destination. Try practicing with someone who has experience in riding electric scooters before you venture out on your own. Electric scooters are capable of changing how people commute in busy cities. Considering the availability of some excellent models like the TurboAnt X7 Pro in the market today, it is but natural to get hooked on to this trend.