5 Best Lightweight Electric Bikes in 2021
Some inventions indeed look excellent, but after some time, they will vanish from the scene. However, when it comes to lightweight electric bikes, it not true. It is now proven that they are here to stay for many years to come. With the scarcity of oils and increasing global warming, every government encourages its citizens to buy a lightweight electric bike and use it as much as possible. So, if you are also looking to get an electric bike and roam around freely, here we have picked the best products for you.
In 2021 we have a new e-bike that provides all the features one must consider while buying an electric bike. It checks all the boxes, including convenience, portability, lightweight, value for money. Affordable price, excellent features, and many more. Hence, it is bound to get number one place in our countdown of the best five e-bikes. You can call this the lightest electric mountain bike since it can comfortably go in mountain areas. It comes with 20 inches Kenda fat tires and reflective strips to provide excellent control while riding it. Most of the body parts of this model are made with sturdy aluminum alloy, and hence you can become tension free when it comes to durability. It also not prone to rust or other issues caused by the weather.
Once you receive this model, assembly is required to provide safety to you. Hence it is recommended to take assistance from the experienced mechanic before marking your first ride. This e-bike comes with a powerful 750W brushless gear motor. The design of this motor is a hub model. The Lithium-ion battery uses 48V power. The e-bike weighs 30.8kgs, and hence you can guess the sturdiness of this product.
- 750W hub motor to assist the motor while you ride.
- It comes with 0-5 levels of pedal assistance.
- It can take the load up to 120kgs with its 30Kgs weight.
- The LCD is bright, and you can see it clearly in the bright sunlight also.
Why do we like it?
- The LCD shows all the details with a bright screen.
- Easy to maintain and made with premium aluminum alloy.
- Easy to port and transport with its foldable feature.
This excellent product comes with just $1,499.98.
This is one of the top folding big tires e-bike available in 2021. At first sight of this lightest electric bike, many urban commuters fall in love with it. However, it contains other important features that complement the stunning looks of the e-bike. It comes with the hub drive motor rather than the typical mid-drive. This allows pedal-free power and less maintenance. The motor comes with a750W power, and it is enough to provide up to 35kmp speed without much effort. Per every charge, it will provide 45 miles of milage. Even though it is not one of the powerful motors, it is a great deal at this price range. This e-bike provides five levels of motor assistance as per your needs. The best thing is you can use this e-bike anywhere, including hilly areas, city or other places.
Even though the name says it as mini, it is more than a mini e-bike. It is easy to fold and hence provides a lot of room if you travel or store it in a small space. It is the perfect combination of power, versatility, and convenience. The battery weighs only 3.5kg, and thus it helps in making the lightweight and energy-dense e-bike.
- The RadMini is made with a 6061 aluminum frame that is sturdy and lightweight. It can bear a weight of up to 275lbs.
- The hub motor is capable of climbing up and gives a comfortable ride.
- It comes with a 672Wh Samsung lithium battery and provides one year warranty.
- In a single full charge, it gives 72kms milage.
Why do we like it?
- Excellent foldable design.
- The tires are puncture resistant.
- The display comes with a backlit display.
- The headlight is bright with LED lights.
This e-bike comes at $1,499.
SWAGTRON Swagcycle EB-5
If you think riding in the e-bikes is not a comfortable option, then you would not have tried SWAGTRON Swagcycle EB-5. It is one of the lightest e bike available in the current market. The best part of this e-bike is the incredible comfortable rides it provides to the users. The e-bike's seat is easily adjustable from a low position to a too high a level. Consequently, it suites any person of any height. The handlebars are also very easy to maneuver, and they can be adjusted in two ways, and you can even twist them at 360-degree angles. This e-bike uses 250 watts motor and can give up to 15.5 miles per hour. You could engage with the motor in two ways, and it is not strenuous. You can engage via pedals and with the throttle on the handlebar.
So, if you are looking for a lightweight electric bike to commute for short ranges, this is the ideal one. The e-bike comes with a fully assembled state, and consequently, you no need to pump the tires or assemble the parts. You can purchase and start riding it. However, the battery needs to be charged full, but there will be enough charge to go for a quick ride.
- The product weighs only 16.8 kg to provide a lightweight feature to this e-bike.
- The battery of this e-bike comes with 250 watts of power, and it is capable of providing up to 25kms mileage with a single charge.
- Water-resistant quality is certified with IPX4, and you can charge this 3-bike for four to five hours.
- The e-bike can take the load up to 120Kgs.
Why Do we like it?
- It has a compact and lightweight design that provides both visually appealing and easy carrying features.
- This e-bike provides excellent milage with its impressive battery.
- This e-bike is made with excellent quality materials, and consequently, it is more durable.
- The ride in this device is more comfortable to ride with flexible seat adjustment options.
You can get this bike and comfortable rides with a budget of just $499.
ANCHEER Folding Electric Bike Ebike
This lightest folding electric bike is gaining popularity among e-bike enthusiasts. It is one of the most sought e-bikes because of its all-around performance. It is a lightweight e bike that comes at an affordable price and, more importantly, with easy and convenient foldable options. This e-bike can be folded in half and easily transport or store inside the house. The wheel size is 16inches, and it is enough to ride all types of terrains. This e-bike arrives with a 240W rear hub model motor and propels up to 28kmp with the throttle, and three-pedal assist amplifies peddling efforts. It arrives with a 288Wh battery, and it uses its energy efficiently even in long-distance rides.
Of course, it cannot compete with unfolding models, but within the foldable designs, it is comfortable to ride. The small wheels, folding design, compact geometry, and all other features make this one a number choice for many when selecting the best lightweight electric bike.
- This model can achieve a speed limit of 20-25Kmph. So, with 25km speed is enough to commute with ease and safety.
- The product is made with lightweight yet sturdy materials and comes with excellent anti-pressure features.
- Ancheer folding electric bike is compact, weighs only 26.5lbs, and it is easy to fold and carry or store.
- If you want a certain speed, you just need to twist the throttle and no need to twist the throttle all time.
Why do we like it?
- Provides comfortable rides in almost all terrains.
- It comes with an app supporting system for easy rides and control.
- The compact size makes it easy to port, and it can easily be lifted with one hand.
This model comes to you at a budget of $669.
2020 VOYAGER E-BIKE
If you are looking for a lightspeed electric bicycle with comfort and convenience, this is the right choice for you. With this lightweight e bike model, you can travel beyond your campus, or urban areas, docks and visit the places you dreamt of going in comfortable yet economical rides. It is an efficient tool to travel in almost all types of terrains. When it comes to portability, this model is the ultimate choice. It features a folding frame & steering column, and it fits in all SUVs and cars. A whopping 750W hub motor powers this model. The fat tires measure 20”x4,” and disc brakes provide excellent controls even in slippery terrains.
Using its 7-speed SPRAM drivetrain, you can ride this as a conventional bike. You can get motor power assistance with the left side class two thumb throttle or five-level pedal-assist system. The 750W motor is paired with 48V/11/6Ah robust lithium li-ion Panasonic cells. Its battery can be charged on or off your bike using the charger.
- This model's overall weight is 27kgs, and consequently, it provides a robust feature to the e-bike.
- A powerful 750W rear hub motor powers the e-bike.
- It can take a load of almost everyone since the maximum load capacity is 147kgs.
Why do we like it?
- Capable of handling up to 147kgs.
- Great quality material used to produce slightly overweight but durable e-bike.
- It is available in two different color variants.
- Great value for your hard-earned money.
The price of this model ranges between $2600 to $2830.
FAQs on Lightweight Electric Bike
1.Why are e-bikes so expensive?
The e-bikes are expensive than traditional bikes; the main reason is the components used to build these bikes. The components are costly than traditional bikes, and it is subject to other costs associated with it. The components such as the motor, battery, and charger take the product price high. And since it is an electric bike, there it must contain excellent waterproofing properties.
2.What should I look for when buying an electric bike?
There are numerous things one must consider before purchasing an electric bike, and they are as follows.
Type - Electric bikes come in two types. The first one is called pedelec, and the other is twist-n-go. In the first type of bikes, the system monitors the rider's pedaling and automatically provides motor assistance. In twist-n-go, a switch triggers the motor.
Motor - Motors also come with 2 types, hub motor assist and crank motor assist. The hub motorbikes operate without making sounds but not good for steep hills. The crank motor assist is ideal for hilly parts, but the problem is, it produces more sound.
Range - The distance it covers with a charge is called range. There are different types of e-bikes with a different range, and as per your needs, you need to opt for the right one...
Cost - In the end, everyone looks at the cost of the product. The budget immensely impacts our decision. You can get different bikes with different price ranges, and if you need a high-quality lightest electric bike, you need to pay more.
Battery - In most e-bikes, lithium-ion batteries are used to power the motor. However, in lighter and advanced e-bikes, you can find upgraded batteries. There is different brand's battery in different manufacturers. But ensure to look for the batteries made by top brands such as Panasonic, Sony, or Samsung.
3. What is the best electric bike for the money?
If you are looking to get a stylish e-bike with excellent quality, the Turboant Swift S1 Fat Tire Electric Bike is the best choice. The quality of this model exceeds the price, and hence you will get fair value for money. This e-bike comes with all the features that the best electric folding bike lightweight possess. Hence, you can get durable and comfortable riding.